Wednesday, October 31, 2012

SCORESHEET: 1 and 1 So as many of you will remember, I've already lost one acting gig due to my expensive new grill, but.....just found out I was booked for a SAG eligible commercial with the casting directors knowing full well that I have braces!! Unfortunately, they booked me for the last day of my play so I have to turn down the $300 job to perform Shakespeare in the snow for free. Unless my agent can pull some awesome strings :) But how awesome is that??? I'm smiling so wide that I was actually booked by a SAG casting director that I don't even care that I might not get to do it! For so long, I've struggled with the process around here (honestly, living anywhere but LA or NY will be a struggle for an actor; especially one that is marked as a "character") There are two, maybe three permanent casting directors here and if you're not their type, you don't work. I love when they come in from out of state; every time I've been booked or called back, it's been with someone who is not from around here. That just tells me that I'm bound for bigger and better things; that maybe it's not me, it's them; that this small town atmosphere i'm stuck in isn't representative of the world at large. Even if I can't do this commercial, it's given me way more than a paycheck. It's given me some confidence that I haven't been able to draw from for years. Though it would have been nice to make this month's payment for my braces out of my SAG COMMERCIAL MONEY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment