Friday, October 12, 2012

One Week Down! Well, one week and two days. Even better! For those of you keeping track, that means I only have from 32-40 weeks left! That is not bad! I've already seen progress in my teeth and my snaggle is almost completely aligned with the rest of the teeth. It makes you wonder if it's this easy to move them back, why they heck do I have to wear these things for 8 months? I thought I'd post a few helpful tips to those considering braces in their older years: 1-Get some good chapstick. The medicated kind. I recommend Burt's Bees. Lots of it. 2-Learn to love soup. Apart from protein shakes, basically my only food group for the past week. I've since added rice, applesauce, scrambled eggs, and spaghetti. Basically things that can be gumned down. 3-Don't expect to talk normally for at least a week. I'm still fighting with my 's's. 4-Don't plan to live on ice-cream. Angry teeth are sensitive. 5-Use the wax they give you. I have this ridiculous instinct to 'tough it out' in almost all aspects of life. Trust me, using the wax does not make you a wimp. Your cheeks will get plenty calloused even with the wax. If your orthodontist doesn't give you any you go back to that office and demand it. Braceface out.

No comments:

Post a Comment