Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Locking Lips, or The Ex Part II .....Yeah.....So as it turns out, kissing with braces is not as painful as I thought it would be. The damage ended up being strictly emotional. I don't know why I go back to this guy. I don't know why I kissed him again. I had a good streak going! It just ended up being the perfect way to end the night. He called me up out of the blue and wanted to have dinner at our favorite sandwich place. Since I've only recently been able to eat sandwiches again, I jumped at the chance. We hadn't seen or talked to each other in a while. Apperantly he's getting Lasik soon which means he has to wear glasses for many weeks before hand. So there we were. Him with his coke bottle glasses, and me with my braces at our sadwhich place, laughing at each other's new-found nerdiness. Most people opt for a spray tan or new diet after a break-up, we both decided to take our post-break-up transformation in a different direction.....me and my 8 month long cocoon. I asked him if there were any other girls in his life and he said something about not needing any when he's got such a "beautiful braced" girl to go back to. How was I supposed to NOT kiss him after a statement like that?? Of course I knew it was only a one time, for old time's sake, love 'em and leave 'em fling! And of course I don't want to go back to what we had left at the end of the relationship! But man it felt nice to feel attractive again! Sexy even! But of course, by the time the door closed and I watched him walk to his car, I was kicking myself for falling backwards...again. More than anything, I got these stupid things so that I could move FORWARD in life. So that I could make changes that would lead to accomplishing life-long goals and happiness! He's a comfort blanket. And braces are anything but comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment